The Lygon Arms, Broadway, Worcestershire, WR12 7DU
The Lygon Arms Hotel is an old coaching inn which sits in the heart of Broadway village – often called ‘the jewel of the Cotswolds’ – and boasts a rich history. With the spa tucked in a tranquil pocket at the hotel, 86 unique bedrooms, secluded gardens and relaxed dining experiences, there are so many ways to soak up the countryside pace.
What we can offer you:
- £28,500 annual salary
- Annual service charge (non-contractual)
- Meals included on duty
- Staff accommodation available
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Continued career development with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
The aim of the Head Gardener role:
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Head Gardener with a passion for all things gardening to join our family. You will supervise the garden team to ensure the highest quality of product, both external and internal, with key emphasis on standards, cost controls and efficient planning.
Responsibilities of Head Gardener:
- Be an ambassador of the hotel expressing true passion for providing a memorable experience to our guests, ensuring that every guest wants to return.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the local plants, flowers and shrubs around the property and understand how to maintain them to a high quality.
- To lead and supervise the team to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- To monitor and ensure equipment is in good working order and highlight to the maintenance manager any items that cannot be fixed or repaired.
- To ensure the departments fixtures and equipment are kept in a hygienic standard of cleanliness and are maintained in perfect working order and that all faults are recorded.
- To manage the day to day task lists for the team ensuring completion is to the correct standards.
- To display a proactive approach to environmental and efficiency issues throughout the business.
- Confidently deliver the key garden maintenance processes and standards and demonstrate these consistently and safely, never cutting corners.
- Have an eye for detail and very high standards when it comes to the maintenance of our baskets, potted flowers and gardens. This includes trimming of shrubs, trees and weeds, seeding and planting new and watering.
- In charge of grass cutting, emptying bins and leaf raking/blowing
- Clearing rubbish and litter from grounds
- To follow and train to the team all Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessment, Security, Fire and Bomb Threat requirements within the department.
About you as Head Gardener:
- Ability to work flexible hours - the gardening rota is covered Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and Sat and Sun 9am to 6pm.
- Excellent customer service skills and passionate about exceeding guest expectations
- Able to work in a fast paced working environment and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain high standards of work whilst dealing with high volume
- Possess a good command of English
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Have a passion for and take pride in producing excellent maintenance standards across the business
The Lygon Arms is an equal opportunities employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Situated within the idyllic Cotswolds village of Broadway in Worcestershire. With roots dating back to the 14th century, The Lygon Arms is steeped in history, and remainders of the vast Tudor influence are visibly appreciated in the superb restoration of original features. The Lygon Arms boasts five exceptional culinary venues; the Lygon Bar& Grill, the Lygon Wine Bar, The Russell Room, The Courtyard and the Spa Kitchen & Bar, numerous snugs and lounges, a luxurious Spa, and 86 guest rooms, including the regally appointed Charles I suite. A perfect base from which to explore the Cotswolds, guests looking for a more rejuvenating stay can enjoy the calm of its spa retreat with a range of relaxing treatments and therapies.
Iconic Luxury Hotels offer the following benefits to employees:
Meals on duty
Friends & Family rate
25% Discount on F&B
Discount on Spa treatments (at selected properties)
Refer a Friend scheme
Employee Assistance Programme