The Lygon Arms, Broadway, Worcestershire, WR12 7DU
The Lygon Arms Hotel is an old coaching inn which sits in the heart of Broadway village – often called ‘the jewel of the Cotswolds’ – and boasts a rich history. With the spa tucked in a tranquil pocket at the hotel, 86 unique bedrooms, secluded gardens and relaxed dining experiences, there are so many ways to soak up the countryside pace.
What's in it for you?
- £23,926 annual salary
- Annual service charge (non-contractual)
- Meals included on duty
- Staff accommodation available
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Continued career development with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
Night Porter - Aim of the role:
To be solely responsible for the security of the Hotel at night ensuring that any guests needs are taken care of to the standards set by the Company.
Responsibilities of Night Porter:
- To establish a courteous, helpful, and friendly attitude to all guests at all times.
- To have intimate knowledge of Geography of the Hotel and all fuse boxes.
- To be confident with fire training and fire drill practices.
- To hold a current and valid First Aid Training qualification at all times during employment
- To be confident in assisting the Early Morning staff (Bakers, Cleaners, Restaurant, Kitchen, Porters) by issuing keys, stores, sorting out equipment problems and assisting with service where necessary.
- To communicate with the early Duty Manager through the Duty Manager Book or verbally on any on-going problems encountered in the night.
- To take ownership and ensure the stillroom is tidy and ready for early breakfast.
- To take pride in ensuring the lounges, terraces and public areas are tidy and free of Restaurant and bar items and ready for final cleaning by Housekeeping.
- To be confident with EPOS system to enter breakfast orders and any other room or bar service on to system.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- All staff should be confident in understanding and executing the company's policies and procedures with respect to privacy, confidentiality and data protection.
Night Porter - About you
- Previous hotel experience will be an advantage
- Good customer experience is a must
- Ability to work night shifts and weekends is essential
- Basic knowledge of Opera system will be an advantage but not essential
Situated within the idyllic Cotswolds village of Broadway in Worcestershire. With roots dating back to the 14th century, The Lygon Arms is steeped in history, and remainders of the vast Tudor influence are visibly appreciated in the superb restoration of original features. The Lygon Arms boasts five exceptional culinary venues; the Lygon Bar& Grill, the Lygon Wine Bar, The Russell Room, The Courtyard and the Spa Kitchen & Bar, numerous snugs and lounges, a luxurious Spa, and 86 guest rooms, including the regally appointed Charles I suite. A perfect base from which to explore the Cotswolds, guests looking for a more rejuvenating stay can enjoy the calm of its spa retreat with a range of relaxing treatments and therapies.