Commis Chef plus Welcome Bonus
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, New Milton, Hampshire, BH25 6QS
As Commis Chef, you will assist in the preparation and service of food for guests and staff under the supervision of the Head Chef.
What's in it for you as Commis Chef?
- £28,080 annual salary
- £3,600 estimated annual service charge (non-contractual)
- £1,000 welcome bonus paid on completion of probation
- Meals included on duty
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover
- Career development on your Chewton Glen journey with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
Check out behind the scenes here: https://www.instagram.com/chewtoncareers/
Commis Chef - About you
- Experience in working in a professional kitchen is required
- Experience working within a luxury hotel is desirable
- NVQ in catering or equivalent
- Confidence, enthusiasm and passion for your work and communication with colleagues
- A keen eye for detail, organisational skills and a flexible attitude
Responsibilities of the Commis Chef
- Assisting the Head Chef during each service ensuring dishes are prepared to the highest standards
- Work in unison with the chef's brigade running your section with pride
- Take ownership and ensure that presentation, taste, texture and quality are maintained at all times.
- To have pride in achieving and maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout your section and the kitchen as a whole
- To lead by example as part of a close knit brigade
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply now! We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications
A true English original, Chewton Glen is a privately owned luxury country house hotel & spa located in the heart of the tranquil New Forest countryside and just minutes from the coast. Just two hours from London it is a perfect place to escape to. With a 9 hole golf course, tennis courts, endless country and coastal walks as well as an award winning spa, gym and large outdoor pool there is something for everyone.